Tuesday, March 17, 2009

I love normal

Right now I'm laying on the couch, watching '17 and counting' on TLC, next to my snoring yellow lab puppy, waiting for my husband to come home from a St. Patty's day night out with the guys, facebook stalking my friends...and all I can think is - I love my normal life.

I used to daydream about what it must like to be like some of my friends...serving God in a foreign country, pursuing a career in music in downtown Chicago, moving on a whim to California for grad school, traveling the world with nothing but a backpack and a few bucks...

It sure seemed to be more exciting than the highlights of my week (new episodes of American Idol, watching Monday night 'headlines' on Jay Leno with my husband, Sunday dinners with my in-laws, weekly visits to my parents house, daily runs with my puppy, etc)

But the older I get, the more I love normal. I have learned to appreciate how unique it is to be happily married, with a nice home, an amazing family (mine and my husbands) a healthy puppy, and dreams of having children soon, and I don't think it's so boring to be normal after all. In fact, I'd take normal any day.

Oh! Better go, the Duggar's are about to find out if baby 18 is a boy or girl :)

2 comments:

Grace said...

I miss Normal so much! I agree, it is a great town to live in 8)

Also, some of my highlights matched yours. My favorite AI is the bluesy piano singer. He's so awesome!

The Nelsons said...

i always loved normal! i would definitely not mind living there again. :)